Saturday, September 7, 2019

Week 4

Language Arts: In “Just David” I read about how David’s dad was very sick and they needed to move into town so they could get treatment for him. I reviewed the new vocabulary and wrote out the definitions. 

Math: Lessons went over the different types of numbers such as real, rational, irrational, integers, whole, natural. Went over the different rules of addition/subtraction (commutative, etc). 

Science: I built a glider out of balsa wood. I went over the different forces that act on the glider, such as gravity, drag/friction from the air, original force of the throw. 

History: Read about early America before Columbus. Also about Columbus’s voyages and the creation of early maps as the world was explored. Learned about the invention of the compass. 

Welding: Did a test for MIG welding safety. I had a bunch of issues logging into the high school canvas system so that was frustrating. We finally got it to work though. 

Drone: I did take my drone out for some practice flights. It is nice and stable to fly. I will try and get back on Canvas next week to start the instruction. 

Sports Conditioning: We lifted weights. We did cardio. I also practiced a lot of basketball shots.

Hanging out with my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment