Friday, May 18, 2018

Week 35 5/18/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - I finished adding the dress ups for my Goldilocks story. I watched the 
final lesson on Disc 2 of IEW Student Writing Intensive B. I did a keyword outline of the 
story of the salt peddler and the donkey. I read some more in The Martian.

 Math - I started chapter 7 which is percents. I learned how to find what percent of a number 
another number is, and how to calculate a certain percent of a number. 

Makerspace - We prepared for the Maker showcase and worked on cleaning up the 
Makerspace. Monday night we had the showcase. 

 Art - I started to do a pencil picture. I’m drawing storm clouds.

Science - In Uzinggo I learned about lunar and solar eclipses. A lunar eclipse is when the 
earth’s shadow blocks out the moon, and a solar eclipse is when the moon blocks out the 
sun. A lunar eclipse happens at night and a solar eclipse happens during the day. A solar 
eclipse can only be seen from a certain part of the world along a fairly narrow path, whereas 
a lunar eclipse can be seen by half the world at a time. Our mold terrariums are really gross
and moldy. We are keeping them for one more week and then will throw them away, as it will
have been a month. We also watched science videos a couple of times at lunch this week. 

 Other - I have my last game for Bantam basketball league for March league play. 


My Makerspace Showcase stuff

One of our science lunch playlists

Mine & my brother's mold terrariums -- mine are the two on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment