Saturday, December 1, 2018

Weeks 14 & 15

Language Arts: I did some lessons in my Language Arts program. One of the assignments was to research points about how being optimistic improves our lives. I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. It is written from the dog’s perspective and it is an interesting book. I finished Marley & Me and I really liked it.

Math: We worked on exponents and square roots and how to convert between the two. I did two of the Unit 2 tests and some of the lessons from the textbook.

Science: We did an experiment where we observed reactions. Everyone had different reactions and some got hotter than others. We measured the temperature every minute for 5 minutes. Some people’s got cold and some got hot. We watched the Mars Insight landing at home with the family. A few years ago my dad took us to a Curiosity rover viewing party at the University of Utah and some of the stuff was similar to this one. We also went to the BYU Paleontology museum for a field trip.

History: In my co-op history class we learned about polyester and how it was introduced as a sort of magical wonder fabric that doesn’t need ironing and doesn’t get wrinkled, but it wasn’t very comfortable so now it is used more for things like boat sales and less for clothes.

Makerspace (Tech):  This week I didn’t really get to do anything because I am still trying to get my thing cut out. I mostly helped my friend with their project.

Programming (Elective): During the break we didn’t have Lego League so my brother and Dad and I went and worked on stuff by ourselves for a few hours. It was really nice because some of the kids on the team are mostly just distractions who get into stuff and cause problems. We got one mission to work really well. I also did a custom paint job on one of my nerf guns. I painted it silver and then did the dipping technique to add black.

Other: We had our first basketball game of Winter League and we won. I am doing some private training with a coach from one of the high schools who happens to be a good friend of my uncle Adam. Our co-op teen group went to an escape room for our monthly activity and we beat the room with 5 minutes to spare. Then we went to The Chocolate dessert cafe for treats. It was fun.

Short video clip from my basketball game, I get the rebound after the free throw

Sometimes my cat Bandit gets really interested in my school work

Not helpful, Bandit

At the BYU Paleontology Museum

It was CS Lewis's 120th birthday this week. My parents named me after him.

We had a little CS Lewis feast, including Turkish Delight

Utahraptor at the BYU Paleontology Museum

Watching the Mars Insight Landing

Mars Insight Landing

First photo of Mars broadcast from Insight

My cat Bandit relaxing on my bed

I did a custom paint job on my Nerf Gun





No comments:

Post a Comment