Sunday, March 17, 2019

Week 30 3/16/2019

Language Arts: I did some lessons in my Language Arts program. I made some edits in my humpback whale paragraph. 

Math: We had a take home test to complete, and also an in class test over matrices. I actually understand matrices pretty well so far. 

Science: We watched the first episode of the Cosmos series. One thing I remember is that lots of people had the idea of an infinite cosmos but it wasn’t accepted by most people for a long time. 

History: We listened to the next episode of Podcast History of our World. It was about Hatshepsut, the female king. The ruler after her destroyed a lot of the records of her. We aren’t sure why, but one theory is that having a female ruler went against the Egyptian idea of Maat, which was truth. Another theory is that he resented her ruling when he was the rightful ruler, since she ruled as regent since he was a small child when he became king. 

Makerspace (Tech):  We worked some more on our upcycling project. I wrapped yarn around the back of the chair. That’s pretty much what I did the whole time since it takes a long time to wrap. 

Programming (Elective): This week on code.org I learned about If/When blocks. You can use one if you are trying to have something happen as a result of something else. Like “If there is food in front of you, then eat it.”

Other: I had one basketball practice this week. For our combined church youth activity we played Giant Twister. It was really fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment