Friday, September 15, 2017

Weekly Report - Week 4

Week 4 9/15/2017
Language Arts - I read quite a bit of Scorched Trials. I also did spelling lessons. I did TTRS. I did some assignments about telling when in my Writing Skills book. I read a book about Houdini for a biography project I am going to work on next week. I marked interesting facts about him in the book to include. I don’t see how he did his tricks. They obviously have to be fake but it is tricky to see what he did. How could he get out of a sealed milk jug full of water when he was tied up inside and it was welded shut?
Math - I did more fractions with MathAntics including Easiest Common Denominator and Least Common Denominator. I also practiced my multiplication facts on Xtra Math.
Makerspace - I cut wood and drilled holes in it for a cover to my sketchbook. I got to use a table saw and a drill press.
Art - I used colored pencils to color my pistol.
Science - We learned about how evaporating water molecules absorb heat energy, while condensating water vapor releases heat. We demonstrated this by boiling a pan of water and holding a pan of ice above it. The water vapor condensed on the bottom of the pan and it transferred heat to the pan of ice and caused it to melt much quicker than just a dry pan heated underneath. In Uzinggo this week I learned about batteries and circuits and how you can have resistors in a series and in parallel. If they are in a series and you remove one, the other one will not work. If they are parallel, one can be removed or not working and the other one will still work.
Other - In my co-op Foods class we made puppy chow. I had to stay home from my other co-op because I had a really bad kink in my neck. I also started the Own It curriculum. I learned to play Oh Susanna on the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment