Friday, September 8, 2017

Weekly Report - Weeks 1-3

9/8/2017
Language Arts - I did lessons from Writing Skills Book A about Compound Sentences and telling why and when. I also did a couple of Free Writing assignments, as well as a couple of journal entries. I did some spelling review lessons and a couple new lesson. I am reading The Scorched Trials, the second book in the Mazerunner series.  
Math - I have been working on Fractions with lessons from MathAntics and the worksheets. Fractions have been kind of hard for me so my mom and I are spending time reviewing the concepts. I am understanding them better now. We also played Pizza Fraction Fun.
Makerspace - I had to miss one class because there was a really bad accident that closed the freeway. In the first class, we did introductions and worked on designing our notebooks.
Art - I am working on my pencil drawing of a pistol.
Science - We learned about Brownian Motion and how molecules and how atoms are always moving. We did some experiments of putting food coloring in waters that were different temperatures. The hot water became one color fastest. This is because the molecules are moving faster and can push the dye molecules around more quickly.

Other - We have gone swimming at the Rec Center a couple times since school started and it is so nice because almost noone is there. I am doing piano again this year.  We started our two homeschool co-ops this past week. My classes are Survival Skills, Cooking, Speech & Poetry, Climbing at Momentum/Funtopia, and Hamilton: The Man and What Made Him. I really liked the climbing at Funtopia. They have some really cool obstacles/activities. I might take some pictures of them to show my mom so if I do I’ll post them on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment