Sunday, October 8, 2017

Week 7 - 10/7/2017

Language Arts - This week I got to have a day where my only school was to read! I am reading The Death Cure (3rd book in the Maze Runner series). I also got to watch the Maze Runner movie. It was quite a bit different from the book. I wrote a journal entry about getting to spend time with my aunts when they were in town last weekend. I also wrote an example paragraph.
Math - This week I finished percentages and did a review of Negative Numbers. I also practiced math facts on XtraMath.
Makerspace - I got to bring home my FrankenToy and my notebook. My FrankenToy has a bear head on a dog body, with an extra leg sewn on top of its head kind of like a unicorn horn. It has a light that flashes in the middle of its forehead. There are the parts of a toy phone inside so it makes lots of weird noises when you squeeze it. It turned out cuter than I meant for it to. For our next project, we started making stuff out of cardboard. My first project is a big cardboard sword.
Art - We started working on a halloween art project. I will post a picture of it when we bring it home, probably next week or the week after.
Science - We didn’t have time for a group science lesson, but on Uzinggo I learned about orbits and how the size, velocity and angle of the objects determine how the orbit will go. I also learned about energy sources and renewable vs nonrenewable resources.

Other - I recited the poem Skeleton Parade for my co-op Speech & Poetry class. We made zucchini muffins in my co-op cooking class.



No comments:

Post a Comment