Friday, February 2, 2018

Week 21 2/2/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - This week I watched the next video lesson in IEW Student Writing
Intensive B. He talked about the “dress ups” of connecting sentences with “because”
and also not using weak verbs like said, thought, and go/went. I checked one of my
assignments from earlier to make sure I didn’t have weak verbs and also did a keyword
outline and paragraph about a section from Alice in Wonderland. I also had a spelling
lesson. One of my co-op classes is The Art of Argument which I think kind of fits with
language arts, too.

Math - I did more Hands On Equations 3. I also did Chapter 3 review in Math Mammoth
7A.

Makerspace - Still working on our logo project in Inkscape.

Art - My teacher is still on break and I had a busy week so I didn’t do any extra arts
on my own.

Science - We learned about different types of lava that volcanoes have. Volcanoes
with thick lava are more likely to explode because the gas gets trapped inside the
volcano. Thinner lava lets the gas out more easily and so those are less likely to
explode. We had samples of “lava” (flour plus water and food coloring and then just
plain water) that we blew bubbles in.  In my co-op Biology class we reviewed differences
between plant and animal cells and parts of cells. In Uzinggo I learned about ocean
currents and how they are affected by different things, such as continental deflect, the
spinning of the earth, temperatures, and winds.


Other - We have our First Lego League tournament tomorrow. Unfortunately our team
this year is not very good because most of them are first years and it’s hard for kids to
learn enough in one year to be any good. My dad was the guest speaker in our Guest
Speaker class and that was fun. He talked about how programs are able to learn things
through trial and error. Programs can do 1000 attempts in an hour, for example, so they
can “learn” something completely new in 3 days given an objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment