Sunday, January 28, 2018

Week 20 1/26/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - I did a key word summary and paragraph from the story The Donkey
and his Driver. I did a journal entry about our first week of co-op. I had spelling lessons
and did TTRS.

Math - I did more Hands On Equations 3. I went over division and multiplication one step
equations in Math Mammoth 7A. I practiced math facts on XtraMath.

Makerspace - We are still designing our project in Inkscape.

Art - Still no art class because my teacher was on break. I didn’t really have a chance
to do any art on my own because we were pretty busy with co-op starting up again this
week.

Science - This semester I get to learn a lot of science. I am in a Mystery Science class
at our co-op that my mom is teaching. This week we learned about the volcano that
popped up in a Mexican field in 1943 and about the Pacific Ring of Fire. We split into
groups and graphed where different volcanoes are.I am also doing a biology class and
this week we learned about the parts of cells and what they do and in class we got to
make a cookie cell with candy organelles, so that was really fun.

Other - I had a Junior Jazz game this weekend. We lost the game but I scored 18
points. At co-op I am taking an Art of Argument class and a Highly Effective Habits
for Teens class. I am also in a Guest Lecture class, and this week my dad’s business
partner came in and talked about one of the jobs they are working on which is developing
AI stuff for a drone. He brought the drone, which was pretty cool. I also had First Lego
League. Our tournament is next Saturday. My dad (the coach for FLL) and I had a group
phone call with a scientist about our idea for something that would help water quality.


Ring of Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment