Friday, September 14, 2018

Week 4

Language Arts: I went to the Dyslexia Center for an Assessment. We may do some tutoring there or we might just keep working on different things at home. My reading is at grade level but spelling is still really hard for me. This week I started reading Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. I am liking it. I also did a writing exercise on words that convey sound. 

Math: This was the first week with our math tutor. We learned about the different kinds of numbers (real, whole, integer, natural, rational, irrational) and also reviewed some pre-algebra concepts. There are 3 other kids besides my sister and I meeting with the tutor. We meet at our house. 

Science: In chemistry we learned more about atomic structure and had to draw models of different atoms. I learned that isotopes have the same number of protons and electrons but different numbers of neutrons. 

History: We listened to the next episode of The Podcast History of Our World. It was about the early hominids that first used fire and also talked some about tools. One interesting thing was the part about how humans might have evolved to have lighter skin in order to get enough Vitamin D. 

Makerspace (Tech):  We worked on our notebooks for class. I am doing some paper weaving on my cover. 

Programming (Elective): I didn’t work on programming this week. At First Lego League we are still mostly focusing on building. At home my friend and I sanded a board really smoothly, stained it, and drilled holes in it to make a rope swing. We still aren’t sure where we will hang it up though. 

Other: I had basketball practice. At our youth activity this week we played broom hockey which was pretty fun. My twin brother and sister turned 6 on Tuesday and my cat Bandit turned 6 on Thursday. 

This is the podcast we listened to this week

No comments:

Post a Comment