Saturday, September 22, 2018

Week 5 Weekly Report

Week 5
Language Arts: I read more in Unbreakable but then I misplaced the Kindle I was reading on. Hopefully I will find it soon. I did writing exercises about the sounds of dinnertime and describing a painting of a mountain scene. I diagrammed sentences with adverbs and adjectives. I did a worksheet about identifying the different parts of speech in sentences, including noun/verb/adverb/article/preposition/noun/article. I started the Workbook for Dyslexia lessons. Hopefully it will help me build my spelling skills. I did TTRS.

Math: We did complicated fractions problems (addition/subtraction/multiplication and division all mixed into mega problems. We also did lessons 1-3 of Saxon Math Algebra. We also are memorizing the prefixes for the different scientific notation names, like giga, mega, pica, deci, centi, etc.

Science: We learned about the periodic table and the different groups of elements. We learned some about the different elements and are supposed to find some examples to take to class with us next week.

History: We listened to the Podcast History of our World episode 4 about the Stone Age. It talked about early Anatomically Modern Humans (AMH for short) and the things that have been found that they left behind, like sculptures and cave art. We looked up pictures of one of the oldest sculptures found, the Venus of Willendorf. My mom saw this one in a museum when she was in Austria. The archeologists don’t really know why these venus sculptures were carved, but a number of them have been found.

Makerspace (Tech):  We made silicone molds. The coloring we used got everywhere. It was fun to make, though. We are going to be making concrete planters.

Programming (Elective): I built a cool robot with the Lego Mindstorms set. It has tank tread sorts of things on the back for the wheels and regular wheels on the front. My friend and I decided we want to try and build a go-cart, so that will be fun to work on together.

Other: Basketball practice, also started working on specific skill drills with my dad. Guitar lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment