Friday, November 9, 2018

Week 12

Language Arts: I reviewed commas in a series. I finished reading Wednesday Wars. I wrote a paragraph about why I like homeschooling. I learned about personification and had to write some examples of personification about a nature scene. I also wrote a paragraph about how I would not want to spend a summer with any of the characters from books I have read lately.

Math: I worked on chapters from the textbook. In our class we went over exponents and how to rewrite negative exponents as positive exponents. 

Science: In my chemistry class we made slime. We talked about different polymers and non-newtonian fluids. At home for science we finished up our discussion on flight and learned about birds and how they fly, and how it wouldn’t be possible for humans to fly with self-powered flight. We weight too much and don’t have the right kinds of muscles (big enough) in the right places. Birds have other adaptations for flight as well, including a keel (breastbone) to attach big muscles to, a fused backbone area, hollow bones, and no teeth.

History: We listened to the next podcast. It was about Sargon and how he created the first empire that we know of. He wrote an autobiography that said how great he was. The story goes that he was put into a basket as a baby, a lot like the Moses story.

Makerspace (Tech):  This week I designed some things that I am going to laser cut. They will be keychains or little trinket things. They will be made out of a thin wood, I can’t remember the name of it right now.

Programming (Elective): I am trying to drill a hole in metal but am not having any luck. I looked up info online but none of the different techniques have worked. I am not sure if I just don’t have the right drill bit or if I am doing something else wrong. I also had First Lego League this week. We are working on rebuilding a mission that some kid broke. My friend Heber and I worked on another mission finalizing the attachment parts to accomplish the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment