Saturday, March 2, 2019

Week 28 - 3/1/2019

Language Arts: I learned about how to write a report using multiple sources, and how to look for the key ideas in a paragraph (usually in the first and last sentences but not always).  I used the sources and my outline to write a paragraph about the flukes (tail fins) of humpback whales. 

Math: With the math tutor we went over different ACT problems, especially ones on linear equations. We reviewed how to figure out the equation for a line when you are given two points. I worked on the next lessons in the textbook as well. Lessons 43 through 46.

Science: We watched some science videos on Youtube. We caught a mouse and took it out to the fields near the river after observing it for a little while.

History: We listened to the next episode of the Podcast History of our World. It was about Middle Kingdom Egypt. This was a time where Egypt saw a decentralization of power and there was a civil war. One guy took over the crown who wasn’t royal at all, so that caused a problem, too. At the end of the Middle Kingdom, the ruler didn’t have a male heir so the first female pharoah was put in place. They didn’t even have a word for “queen” in their language at that time. Not very much is known about her. 

Makerspace (Tech):  I cut out my MINI Cooper logo and did the burning. We also got to use the 3D printer and I printed a little blobby guy who now lives in my mom’s car ashtray. 

Programming (Elective): I did some more learning/coding activities on code.org. One of them was a more elaborate drawing program where the pen had to move to different locations and change patterns/colors. 

Other: I had another playoff game with the Bantam League. I also had tryouts for the Vinaka League for basketball. I have been working with a trainer who is a coach in that league so I am switching over to that one. We had our first Vinaka practice. 


My 3D printed guy

My Bantam team -- The Orem Fighters


My program 





No comments:

Post a Comment