Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 27 - 2/22/2019

Language Arts: Watched Romeo and Juliet with my parents and brother and sister. I did a lesson in my language arts program. We went to The Untold Story of the Tortoise and the Hare play at the Scera theater.

Math: Worked more on exponents and radicals. Went over how to rationalize expressions which means to get any roots out of the denominator. Did 3 chapters in the textbook as well.

Science: We watched some science videos on YouTube.  One cool one was slow motion of a wave pool. It made the water shoot up really far and it kind of looked like a sword made out of water. We also played Professor Noggin Human Body.

History: We listened to the podcast episode about Ancient Egypt, specifically the Old Kingdom. That was the time that the pyramids were built. Current evidence suggests that they weren’t built by slaves like it has been thought in the past. There are records talking about how they got paid and how working on the pyramids exempted workers from paying taxes and even benefits received. It was a prosperous time for Egypt which explains why there were people and resources to spare for pyramid building. We also watched a Crash Course video about Ancient Egypt. 

Makerspace (Tech):  No class this week because of presidents’ day.

Programming (Elective): I did some activities on code.org. One was a block programming language that you would program a little artist guy to draw a shape. See picture.

Other: Went skiing at Snowbird with my dad. It was my first time skiing somewhere besides Sundance. He had a client in town who wanted to go skiing while she was here, so I got to go with my dad and his business partner and the client. They have a pretty fast tram that you get to ride which was cool. For my guitar class I am learning how to play “Hey, Jude.”

At the SCERA play


My cat, Bandit 

Science videos we watched

Riding the tram at Snowbird

Skiing at Snowbird

Screenshot of the code.org program I made to draw the 3D cube




No comments:

Post a Comment