Sunday, February 17, 2019

Week 26 2/15/2019

Language Arts: In one of my co-op classes we learned about similes and metaphors. We came up with some of our own. I had to write my own fable for my writing assignment at home. Then I typed it up. We also did some more reading in the reader and some of my dyslexia handbook lessons as well. Math: Worked a lot on exponents and square roots and other roots this week. Worked on being able to pull out the squares and rewrite problems to be able to solve them more easily. History: We discussed the song The Day the Music Died in my co-op class. At home we listened to the next episode of Podcast History of our World about Egypt. One interesting thing was that the guy who united Upper and Lower Egypt made a new crown that was a combination of the two crowns. I thought it was cool that they fit together so well. We also celebrated Charles Darwin's birthday with our usual tradition of Darwin Day Donuts. Science: We watched some science videos this week. One interesting one was about whether fish pee. Ocean (salt water) fish hardly pee at all, but freshwater fish pee all the time. It is all about needing to maintain the right level of salts in their body. Makerspace (Tech): We cut out the shapes we are going to do for our woodcarving. I am going to do the mini cooper logo. Programming (Elective): I didn’t do any programming this week. In my Survival class we learned how to make rope out of different fibers. Other: We didn’t have a basketball game this week but we did have practice. I went skiing with my dad and sister.

Rope I made out of some raffia

Love my new Canadian Flag phone case

Old tablet that was found about King Narmer, the uniter of egypt

Narmur's combination crown

My shape cut out for Maker class

Darwin Day Donuts

Some of the exponent problems from this week's assignment. Still working on them.

Science videos we watched

Watercolor of a dandelion I did as part of a language arts assignment this week 




No comments:

Post a Comment