Friday, May 17, 2019

Weekly Report 39

Language Arts: I diagrammed sentences with compound subjects and compound verbs. I worked on a short article about reasons to visit patagonia. I reviewed parts of speech and read more of the story in my book about Vinzi who lives in the mountains.

Math: I worked through two more tests from Saxon Algebra. Reviewed problems I missed with my mom.

Science: We watched the next episode of Cosmos. It was about the women who figured out how to categorize stars based on their color spectrum and also that the color spectrum was correlated to the temperature of the star. The professor they were working under did not believe them but he eventually came to see that their calculations are correct.


History: I listened to the next episode of the history podcast. It talked about the story of Joseph and how he was not killed because he was able to figure out what the Pharoah’s dream mean.

Makerspace (Tech):  We had our Maker Showcase this week. In class we didn’t have assignments but I got to use the VR viewer and I cut out eyeball stickers for the Oculus Go headsets. Oculus Go is really fun because it is basically internet VR. You can watch movies. If you have a friend also watching one, you can connect with your friend and see them like you are watching in a theater. It’s pretty cool.

Programming (Elective): I am stuck on this one Programming Variables with the Bee exercise. I might see if my dad can help me figure out what I am missing. I tried it three different times this week and still couldn’t get past it.

My clock that I made at Makerspace

Some of my maker projects displayed for the showcase. I did the vinyl sticker on the
skateboard, not the skateboard

No comments:

Post a Comment