Monday, October 28, 2019

Week 11

Language Arts: I did some reading. I started a Udemy course about mind mapping. It is supposed to be a helpful outlining and organizing strategy for dyslexics. The teacher is a guy from Scotland and I like his accent.

Math: Learned about linear inequalities and linear functions. Learned to graph them and how to identify what graphs match an equation.

Science: I learned about centripetal force--a force that continually pulls a spinning object toward its center. The moon orbiting the earth is an example of a centripetal force. I did an experiment where I put a penny on my racer and had the car go around a circular track. The penny fell off after about half of a complete rotation. The car, however, was being held by the string so it went in a circle.

History: In 1608 a French explorer founded a trading post in Quebec. The Dutch West Indies Company established the colony of New Netherlands in 1626. I watched the Crash Course US History Video #4 which talked about some of the colonies outside of Virginia & Massachusetts, one of which was New Amsterdam which became New York.

Welding: We took some notes on the different parts of the welder. I cut some metal for my stick welding.

Sports Conditioning: We lifted weights in the gym. We ran a mile. We did 30 meter sprints.

Drone: Canvas class

No comments:

Post a Comment