Sunday, January 5, 2020

Weeks 18-20

Language Arts: Started The Writing Course and listened to the first lesson. The lesson talked about how everything is hard until we know how but knowing how makes it easy.

Math: I did the quarterly exam. I missed two so I got a 90-something. I also did the next lesson.

History: I learned about the 7 Years War which actually lasted about 9 years. But in the colonies the fighting lasted 7 years, so I think that’s why it is called that. It’s also called the French and Indian War. Learned about the Great Awakening as well. People looked to their understanding of natural law to understand humans. Also a lot of people got a lot more religious.

Science:I made a mini steamboat that really worked. It involved cutting metal so there were a lot of safety precautions to follow. In the construction of the steamboat, the book pointed out things that were relevant that I’ve learned about, like how sanding the metal helps the glue stick better because of friction. Sanding the metal gives the glue more spots to stick to.

Welding: I finished my butt joint. I started flux welding.

Sports Conditioning: The classes this week were just weight lifting. I had games on Monday and Saturday. We lost both of them but we played a lot better on the Saturday game than we had for the other games, so I think we are starting to find our groove as a team a little bit.

Drone: Canvas class.

A video of my steamboat in the sink. I later put it in the tub and it ran even 
better, but the video is too long to post here. 

Time out huddle with the team

I'm the player under the basket in this picture


No comments:

Post a Comment