Saturday, November 18, 2017

Weekly Report - Week 13 - 11/17/2017

Language Arts - I worked on my demonstration speech for my Speech and Poetry class. I also wrote in my journal about things I am grateful for. I read some of a Nathan Hale book that I’ve already read before but really like it. I need to finished Death Cure before it is due back to the library.

Math - I did quite a bit of Khan Academy Pre Algebra this week. I also did some lessons on expressions and equations in Math Mammoth 7. I also did more Hands On Equations 2.

Makerspace - We got to try out different wood cutting machines and had to make a shape with them. I made something that looks like a monster face.

Art - I am back to working on my pistol in colored pencils since I finished my dragon last week.

Science -We did some experiments from our Steve Spangler science box. We floated some Total cereal flakes on water and were able to pull them with a magnet. We also crushed up a bunch of cereal and put it in a bag of water and after 20 minutes used the magnet to pull the little iron bits out of the “cereal soup”. We learned how iron is important for our bodies because our red blood cells need it for hemoglobin to carry oxygen. We have enough iron in our bodies to make about two small nails. We cook with cast iron all the time which is a good way to get iron.
I also did Uzinggo lessons on work and force.


Other - My Junior Jazz basketball team started practice this week. We were able to have two practices. My coach seems really interested in having us practice a lot and do a good job, so I am excited about that. I have really liked my Hamilton class at the co-op we go to. Last week the teacher got to go see Hamilton on Broadway and she made me want to go see it, too.

The bits of dark are the iron extracted from the cereal

You can see the iron inside this water droplet

My woodcutting practice monster guy

No comments:

Post a Comment