Friday, December 1, 2017

Week 14 - 12/1/2017 - Weekly Report

Language Arts - For my speech and poetry class at co-op I memorized and recited the English Folk Verse The Fifth of November. I think it is the longest poem I have ever memorized. I also made my demonstration speech of How to Make a Monkey Fist into a video and presented that to the class. I wrote a journal entry about Thanksgiving. I read more in Death Cure and reread a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book that I like. I also did two spelling lessons and my TTRS lessons.

The Fifth of November
(English folk verse)
   Remember, remember!
   The fifth of November,
   The Gunpowder treason and plot;
   I know of no reason
   Why the Gunpowder treason
   Should ever be forgot!
   Guy Fawkes and his companions
   Did the scheme contrive,
   To blow the King and Parliament
   All up alive.
   Threescore barrels, laid below,
   To prove old England's overthrow.
   But, by God's providence, him they catch,
   With a dark lantern, lighting a match!
   A stick and a stake
   For King James's sake!
   If you won't give me one,
   I'll take two,
   The better for me,
   And the worse for you.
   A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,
   A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,
   A pint of beer to wash it down,
   And a jolly good fire to burn him.
   Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!
   Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!

   Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

Math - I am doing Math Mammoth 7 now and I learned about Growing Patterns and expressions/equations, as well as the commutative and associative properties. I also did Hands On
Equations 2 and some Khan and XtraMath.

Makerspace - We worked on designing our tee shirts.  I’m excited about mine.

Art - I finished my pistol drawing and brought it home.



Science - We did some more experiments from our Steve Spangler kit. One where you try and stab a straw into a potato and you can’t do it unless you put a thumb over the top of the straw to keep the air in. A couple of other ones you can see in the videos below. I also did some Uzinggo lessons.  


Other - We had a good Thanksgiving. We got together with my mom’s family up at my aunt’s house in Kaysville. Quite a few of my cousins were there.



This is just the first part of my demo speech



"Sticky" Rice experiment--both containers are just regular rice!



This one was really fun. We did it outside in case we made a mess. My littlest brother's attempt didn't work and it spilled. 



No comments:

Post a Comment