Sunday, January 14, 2018

Week 18 1/12/2018 Weekly Report

Week 18 1/12/2018
Language Arts - I did a keyword outline from a story and wrote a summary of it. I also typed
up a poem from a book that I liked. I also had spelling lessons and we read more of A Wrinkle
in Time.

Math - I did some lessons in Math Mammoth 7A about negative fractions and averaging
positive/negative values. I also went over Order of Operations and did the reviews for
Chapter 2.

Makerspace - We worked on Inkscape to design a project. We are making logos for things
we thought of such as as a super hero, a company, a fashion line, etc.

Art - My art teacher just had a baby so we won’t have classes for a few weeks. We did take
a field trip down to the Springville Art Museum and it was fun to see the art. They also had
some fun interactive activities that my little siblings and I played around with.

Science - In our Steve Spangler box we had some fun Science of Toys activities/
experiments. We got to play with Magic Sand, which has a hydrophobic coating so it doesn’t
really get wet. It also looks really shiny and clumps together when it is under water. We also
got a Drinking Bird and it was cool to see how that works. I thought it was interesting that the
evaporation off the head was enough to cool it down and cause the whole thing to work. In
Uzinggo I am learning about the Water Cycle. We also watched some videos on water and
its properties including surface tension, and saw how many droplets of water we could get
on a penny or a quarter.  


Other - I had my 3rd Junior Jazz game this week. We won and so we are undefeated so far.
I really like my coach. I also had First Lego League and went skiing with my dad and sister.
I had to teach a lesson at church. I actually was supposed to teach it in December but I got
sick, then they wanted me to teach it a couple weeks ago but it ended up being a combined
lesson, so I FINALLY taught it on January 7th. I was really glad to have it over with!

Magic Sand under water

Surface tension at work!

At the Springville Museum of Art





Drinking Bird


No comments:

Post a Comment