Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 26 3/9/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - This week I did a keyword outline and paragraph on early anesthetics. I also had a spelling lesson. I read more of the book Ready Player One.

Math - I finished up Chapter 4 in Math Mammoth 7A. I did XtraMath for fact practice and also did more exercises in Hands On Equations 3.

Makerspace - I finished up my e-textile (e for electronic). See picture below.

Art - This week I worked on a watercolor painting of a garden rose. It will take me awhile to finish it. Right now I am still working on sketching it so I haven’t started any painting yet.

Science - In Mystery Science we used the salt and vinegar solution that cleaned the pennies last week (by removing the layer of dull copper) to put a copper coating on a steel nail. We put the salt & vinegar and a few pennies in a baggie and after about 30 minutes the nail started to look copper.
In my Biology co-op class we learned about DNA. Our class activity was getting DNA from a strawberry. We got dish soap and a strawberry in a bag. We squished it all up so it was all solid, then strained out all the solid bits with cheesecloth. Then we were able to get out the DNA and look at it. It was kind of like clear slime.
In Uzinggo I learned about telescopes and how they work. There are two types, refracting and reflecting. Reflecting telescopes use a set of mirrors and lenses. Refracting telescopes just use lenses.

Other - I finished up my Junior Jazz season this week. I sprained ankle in our second game Saturday and so that’s been painful. Earlier in the week my brother learned how to do exploding stick chains at scouts so we had fun doing those this week as well. I put a slo-mo video of one I made below.






My e-textile 

My Junior Jazz team - The LA Clippers








No comments:

Post a Comment