Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 25 3/2/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - This week I did another keyword outline and wrote up my paragraph on
the topic of rotten teeth and early false teeth. I’m glad we have dentists now who can repair
teeth! They used to get teeth from dead people to use as replacements. I also had a spelling
lesson, did TTRS lessons, and started reading the book Ready Player One. My mom will
take me to the movie when it comes out if I read it, and it looks like a cool movie.

Math - In Math Mammoth 7 I did a review of Scientific Notation and went over PEMDAS
(order of operations) with Rational Numbers. I also did fact practice on XtraMath and
worked on Hands on Equations 3.

Makerspace - I was sick Monday so I wasn’t able to make it to Makerspace.

Art - I finished my colored pencil butterfly project. I put a picture of it below. It’s pretty
small, only about 4x4 inches or so.

Science - In my co-op Mystery Science class we learned about potions and alchemists of a
long time ago. We tested different solutions (salty water, soapy water, vinegar, and salt/vinegar)
to see which one worked to make a dull penny shiny. Only the salt/vinegar mixture worked.

In my co-op Biology class we did a frog dissection. We worked in groups of 3 and identified
the different organs inside the frog. My friend did the cutting and I watched.

In Uzinggo I learned about the carbon cycle. Carbon in the air goes into the plants, which in
turn are eaten by animals. Eventually those animals die and their carbon can become fossil
fuels which get burned by power plants which releases carbon back into the air. Also animals
breathing releases carbon into the air, too. So the carbon just cycles around and around.  

Other - I had another post-season basketball game. We won so we play again next week. I
scored 8 points.


This one shows the shiny penny better than the other one, but this group lost their salty water one. 

All of the shiny pennies used to be really dull and dirty looking. This is in the Salt & Vinegar mixture. 

My butterfly drawing done with colored pencils

My friend Porter and I doing the frog dissection







No comments:

Post a Comment