Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 28 3/23/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - This week I read a passage on blood transfusions and wrote a keyword outline and then my own paragraph from my outline. I also did my TTRS lessons.

Math - In Math Mammoth 7A I did more algebraic problem solving, reviewed using the Distributive Property, and practiced solving word problems by setting up equations with variables. I also did more Hands on Equations 3 and some XtraMath fact practice.

Makerspace - We practiced using servo motors and we we also built more small circuits. We are waiting on parts to start our next main project with the circuits.

Art - I worked more on my garden rose watercolor project. It will take a while to do.

Science - Mystery Science: We tested out different ingredients to see what would make slime. Borax/Water/Glue was the only recipe that we tried that really worked. Then at home we tried making more but wanted to add food coloring, and something in the food coloring totally ruined that batch. We looked on the ingredients of the food coloring and saw that it contained propylene glycol, which is the same as antifreeze. So we think that messed up the water absorption of the borax/glue mixture because this one would never soak up the liquid like it was supposed to. But our other slime turned out great.
Biology- we learned about genetics and practiced doing Punnett Squares. We also tasted PTC paper to see who could taste it and who couldn’t. I couldn’t taste anything.
Uzinggo- I learned about space shuttles and how before the shuttle they had rockets that were just single use. The space shuttle saved a lot of money because they just had to replace the fuel tanks each time, which made more missions possible.

Other - My ankle is doing better. I had to be on crutches for a little while to rest it but now I just need to strengthen it and improve flexibility. It doesn’t hurt now so that’s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment