Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 29 3/30/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - This week I did a keyword outline on a passage about the development of antiseptics for hospital use. I then used my outline to write a summary paragraph. I also did TTRS this week. I read more of the Martian. I also got to go see the movie Ready Player One with my mom and dad because we all read the book.

Math - I did more inequalities in Math Mammoth 7A. I also started learning about slope and how to calculate it from a line or from coordinates. I also did some Hands On Equations 3.

Makerspace - Practiced using servo motors and designed a circuit using a microcontroller and a servo. I didn’t finish mine in class but I brought it home to finish over spring break.

Art - I started painting my watercolor garden rose project. I am about one-third of the way done.

Science - In Mystery Science we experimented with baking soda and vinegar in ziploc baggies trying to get the right amounts to make the bag pop open. My group was the first one to get it to pop open. It was fun.

Biology - In my co-op biology class we learned about genes and heredity and did a fun activity where we got paper chromosomes from a potato parent and then based on whether the traits were dominant or recessive figured out what our potato offspring creature would look like. It was pretty fun.

Other - For scouts this week we hiked to the Y which was fun though my legs were sore after. I was glad it was this week and not last week since my ankle was better this week.






No comments:

Post a Comment