Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 30 4/13/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - This week I read more of The Martian. I also had a spelling lesson, did TTRS, and had a discussion with my mom about the differences and similarities between the book Ready Player One and the movie adaptation. Most of the story details were different because all of the challenges (gates & keys) were very different in the movie than in the book, but the main characters and the main events of the book were the same.

Math - I finished up Chapter 5 in Math Mammoth 7A and am working on the chapter review. It was more on slope and lines. I also did some Hands On Equations 3.

Makerspace - We are supposed to figure out what we are doing for our final project but I didn’t have any ideas at class so i didn’t have much to work on. I think I am going to do something with charging  a battery either manually or solar or something though.

Art - I worked more on my rose garden painting. Probably have another week or two before I finish it, though.

Science - In my Mystery Science class we learned about food chains and how you can ask the questions “What does it eat?” and “What eats it?” whenever you see an organism in an area and that can help you discover more about the area and the organism. We played a food chain card game. In my biology class we learned about life cycles.


Other - I had a scout campout Friday/Saturday. I did the rifleman merit badge so I got to shoot a .22 rifle. It was fun, but harder than I thought to aim and get good shots off. I also had basketball practice twice this week and a game Saturday night. It was a close game and we were ahead the first half but ended up losing by two points. Also this week we went on a field trip to the California Pizza Kitchen which was fun and the pizzas we got to make were good.

Pizza chef at the California Pizza Kitchen 

Field Trip to California Pizza Kitchen

Tour of the kitchen at California Pizza Kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment