Saturday, April 21, 2018

Week 31 4/20/2018 Weekly Report

Language Arts - I am still reading The Martian. I did the next lesson in IEW Student Writing Intensive B. It was about stories and the different parts of a story. We used the story of the Shepherd and the Lion for our example. I finished the first paragraph retelling of it and will do the second and third paragraphs next week. I also did TTRS and had a spelling lesson.

Math - I finished the Chapter 5 review in Math Mammoth. I did some Hands On Equations 3. I started the next chapter in in Math Mammoth, and am now in 7B. It is on rates and ratios.

Makerspace - I came up with my capstone project idea and ordered the materials. I am going to make some lasercut wooden framed sunglasses.

Art - At art class I am still working on my rose. I painted the petals this week.

Science - In Mystery Science class we learned about what plants “eat” and did an experiment with balloons to show that air actually has weight. It was important to blow up the balloons and THEN deflate the ones on one side, because when you blow up a balloon you are adding a bit of moisture from the saliva in your mouth and blowing up the ones before you deflate them helps balance that out in all the balloons. We learned that General Sherman, the largest sequoia tree, “eats” about 4 lbs of air a day. It’s pretty amazing that plants take the carbon from the air and turn it into STUFF.

In my biology class we learned about homeostasis. We did some experiments with our own bodies and balancing on one foot. Some people had a hard time doing it but I was pretty good at it and never fell over. We also measured how quickly our hearts would go back to resting rate after exercising. It took me 5 seconds, which was the fastest time.

In Uzinggo I learned about the life cycle of stars. They start out as a nebula and then that nebula compacts into the start of a star and it keeps growing and growing and eventually turns into either a Red Giant or a White Dwarf. Red Giants eventually explode and can turn into a black hole.

Other - I had basketball practice and I have a game on Saturday.

Air has weight experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment