Friday, October 26, 2018

Week 10

Language Arts: I wrote a book summary on the book we have been reading as part of my language arts lessons, Gabriel and the Hour Book. Part of the assignment was to make a fancy initial letter and a border since the booked talked a lot about the art of illumination. I finished reading Star Man’s Son and started on the second book. I did a TTRS lesson and also some lessons in my Dyslexia Workbook. 

Math: In math class this week we had a test over some of the material. We also learned about  the different sorts of questions you can be asked from a graph, including equation, slope, y-intercept, area of the triangle formed by the line & the y/x-axis, perimeter of that triangle, and if two lines are parallel or perpendicular.  

Science: In my chemistry class we learned about surface area and cohesion. We did the activity where you see how many drops you can fit on a penny, which demonstrates the ability of surface tension to hold water molecules together. 

History: We listened to the next episode of the Podcast History of Our World. It was about Lagash vs Umma. One interesting thing is that they know some facts about this battle because they found historical carvings called the Stele of the Vultures that show vultures carrying off people’s heads as well as other scenes and there is also writing on some of the fragments. 

Makerspace (Tech):  We did vinyl stickers again. I made a Flash symbol. 

Programming (Elective): I have been having fun making PVC/pool noodle weapons. I have made quite a few but there is a picture of some of them. My siblings and my friend Heber and I like to have battles with them. 

Other: My mom ordered an inflatable dinosaur costume and she let me be the first to try it out. 


Dinosaur rampage

The Stele of Vultures 

Vinyl sticker

PVC/pool noodle weapons

Book summary



No comments:

Post a Comment