Monday, October 22, 2018

Week 9

Language Arts: I finished reading Unbroken. I started reading a book called Star Man’s Son. I was able to read the first two chapters for free on Kindle preview so I knew I would like it. I like reading on the Kindle because I can read at night in my bed without having to turn a light on. I also had a lesson on poetry and went over the keys to writing an effective paragraph. Reviewed the proper usage of the homophones petal/pedal, there/their/they’re and sail/sale, as well as when to drop or keep the E when adding the suffix “-able”.

Math: We didn’t have our class this week but I did work on the homework assignments. Fractions (add/subtract/multiply/divide), unit conversion, and solving equations with one variable.

Science: My brother and I made a density jar. We also watched videos on a couple of different topics and finished up our discussion on how things fly. I also made some mini rockets with match heads and aluminum foil. I did my science homework for my chemistry co-op class.

History: No history lesson this week.

Makerspace (Tech):  I made a vinyl sticker for my laptop. See picture below.

Programming (Elective): We had first lego league this week. I also did some hydrodipping at my home workbench. I dipped a christmas tree ornament and a water bottle. We got a new rotary tool (a Dremel but it isn’t dremel brand) with a lot of attachment tools. I am excited to do some projects with it. We ordered some special bits to use to etch/drill holes in rocks. It comes with some diamond bits but you only need those for very hard rocks.

Other: We went swimming. We went to the How I Became a Pirate play.

Rocket launch (in slow motion)

My vinyl sticker


Mini rockets. I can fit my supplies to make more inside the matchbox.

At the play

Density jar




No comments:

Post a Comment