Friday, October 12, 2018

Week 8

Language Arts: My L. Arts program has some other stuff along with it, so this week I learned about the color wheel and painted a color wheel with watercolors (see below). I did sentence diagramming with adjectives and adverbs (see example below). I also reviewed capitalization rules for titles. I am still reading Unbroken. I also did lessons in my Dyslexia Workbook.

Math: We worked on unit conversion problems. We also did solving equations with a single variable and also some more fraction add/subtract review.

Science: We learned about covalent (sharing) and ionic bonds. We did Lewis Dot models for some of the different compounds.

History: We listened to the Podcast History of the World episode on the Epic of Gilgamesh. It is about Gilgamesh and his friend Enkidu, and they go on adventures and fight monsters. It is interesting that this is a 4000 year old story. We talked about how it is a hero’s journey sort of story and how it has similarities with Star Wars and the Marvel superhero stories. We also watched the Crash Course Mythology episode about Gilgamesh.

Makerspace (Tech):  We got to bring home our concrete planters. I am not sure what plant I will get that can fit in there, maybe an air plant or a little cactus. We have been using it as a tea light candle holder for now.

Elective: This week I built a shelf for my longboard to hang on in the garage. You can see it in the picture below. I used some of the scrap wood I got from one of our neighbors. 

Other: I made a Rubiks Cube out of perler beads. It has been so cold and wet I haven’t been able to ride my new longboard very much.

Perler bead Rubiks cube

Rubiks cube

I really liked the way the red looked so I made this little sign

Color wheel

Sentence diagramming

My longboard shelf

My concrete planter/candle holder


No comments:

Post a Comment