Friday, October 5, 2018

Week 7 Report

Language Arts: I did lessons in my Dyslexia Workbook. I read more of Unbreakable. Went over differences between THEY’RE/THERE/THEIR and MERRY/MARY/MARRY. Went over independent and dependent clauses and practiced identifying them. Reviewed the 4 types of sentences.Went over words to use in writing instead of “said”. 

Math: We weren’t able to have math class with our tutor because he was in an accident. So I worked mostly on assignments from the textbook. We did get some assignments finally on Friday. One is on unit conversion and the other is solving for a single variable. 

Science: In my co-op chemistry class we had a guest who came in and talked to us about chemicals that were used in bombs and also chemical warfare. He told us about how you check to see if something is really a bomb or not--there are certain chemicals you can check for. 

History: We listened to the next episode of the podcast. The Sumerians had these clay balls that they would put tokens into that represented amounts of different things like crops and flocks. They used these for trade to make sure that everyone knew what the amount was supposed to be. But you had to break the clay envelopes to know what was inside, which kind of voided the trade contract, so they started stamping things on the outside. This was the earliest sort of writing that we know about. 

Makerspace (Tech):  We poured our cement for our planters. We also took our molds that we made last week out of the mold. I made two Lego bricks. They are made out of a clear casting material, I’m not sure what it is called. 

Programming (Elective): This week I practiced a painting technique on plastic. You spray some spray paint onto the water surface and then dip the plastic object into it. It looks pretty cool. I also had First Lego League. We worked on building a second duplicate robot of the robot I designed so we could work faster and we did a bit of programming as well. 

Other: We ended up playing four basketball games at our tournament last Saturday. The tournament schedule wasn’t very well done so that was kind of frustrating. But it was good to get lots of game time. I got a new longboard this week. 


Two of our cats came and walked and laid all over my lesson books on morning

The painting method 

I made this emoji pixel art while we listened to our history podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment