Monday, October 14, 2019

Week 9

Language Arts: I started writing my paper. I am having some trouble using the outline we came up with though, so my mom and I are going to work more on that.

Math: I learned about how to calculate the angles and length of lines when you have a line that crosses parallel lines. Hopefully that makes sense, it is kind of tricky to explain it. I also went over using the Pythagorean theorem to find the length of a side on a right triangle.

Science: I learned about the differences between displacement and distance. My experiment was to have my racer drive hopefully in kind of an ark shape so I could calculate displacement and distance. My racer is really straight and balanced though and just drives in a straight line, so that part didn’t really work. The second part of the experiment was to fly my glider into the wind and out of the wind. It wasn’t really possible to measure the distance that it flew since it flies erratically and you can’t really measure it, but I did measure the displacement. It was pretty windy on the day I did the experiment, so it was interesting to see the results. The lab experiment had me take the median of three different trails and the median of flying against the wind was only about 3 feet less than the median of flying with the wind.

History: I did some history reading in my history book. We also learned about Leif Erikson because Leif Erikson Day was this week and my brother is named after him. My sister made a Swedish cake called kladkakka which was really good. Even though Leif Erickson wasn’t from Sweden, we figured it was close enough.

Welding: I mostly worked on my T joint weld. I also cut some metal because we do that pretty much every time.

Sports Conditioning: we lifted weights. I had my last Vinaka fall league basketball game. I scored 11 points. I went to the open gym practices.

Drone: Canvas class

Other: I went to HeeHaws with my family on Friday. The baby pigs were really cute. I took a picture of four of the piglets sleeping in the sun.

Sleeping piglets

No comments:

Post a Comment