Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 26

History: I learned about the War of 1812. Nobody really ended up “winning” because things were pretty much the same as at the beginning of the war, but the Native Americans definitely were the losers, as they lost territory and many of them were killed fighting on both sides.

Science: This week my curriculum had me review some every day to get ready for the quiz.

Language arts: I had some extra basketball and other activities this week, so I just did more reading for language arts. I didn’t have a writing lesson.

Math: The lessons this week were kind of challenging. The material was simplifying algebraic fractions, properties of circles and angles, radical expressions, addition of like terms, and area and surface area of various shapes/solids.

Welding: Mr. Money showed us how to make the roses. I started making one. You have to cut a bunch of circles that you then form into petals, then you stack all those up and use a bolt to get them to stay together. Then you weld that to the barbed wire that you use for the stem.

Sports Conditioning (PE): Our basketball season ended. We had a couple games. One time the other team didn’t show up so we just played a full-length scrimmage amongst ourselves. In sports conditioning we did weight training.

Drone: Canvas class.

My grandma, me, and my dad at the Utah Symphony. I got new fancy clothes to wear and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment