Sunday, November 12, 2017

Weekly Report - Week 12 - 11/11/2017

Language Arts - I turned some of my reasons from last week into a paragraph. I did more TTRS lessons and also did lesson 2 in All About Spelling Level 4. I read the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Getaway book and also the new Nathan Hale Hazardous Tales book, A Raid of No Return. We also watched the movie of A Monster Calls, which is a book my mom read to us last year. The movie was pretty close to the book. Both were good.   

Math - I did more Hands On Equations 2 this week. I also did lessons 5 and 6 in Learn Math Fast: Prealgebra. The lessons were on Solving for X with Division and What is Y.

Makerspace - We are learning how to use Inkscape. In class we watched a tutorial and then practiced using it. I practiced some more on my own at home this week.

Art - I finished my paper mache dragon and got to bring it home. See picture below.

Science - We learned about hot air expanding and did a couple of hot air balloon experiments. One we filled a garbage can liner with hot air from a blow dryer and it floated up a few feat. The other we tried to build a simple hot air balloon with half birthday candles, foil, and straws (see video). It kind of worked but didn’t really go up in the air, just was kind of floaty. It was 52 degrees so we are going to try again in December when it is colder. We also are maybe going to get some balsa wood to use in place of the straws because it would be lighter and more sturdy.
In my Uzinggo lessons I learned about heat transfer as well as light and heat. We had already learned about heat transfer in our family science lessons so I knew about that already but it was a good review.

Other - I went to the draft for Provo Jr Jazz basketball and got selected for a team. We start practice next week and games start in December.

My paper mache dragon





No comments:

Post a Comment